Based on a true story, about a person posting an insulting message that appears on an internet message board, boasting how their life is cool and how he got his girlfriends to kiss him which he describes as “shit was so cash”, and insulting others, calling them losers who have no lives, Paulie Carbone/John Barone dies months later after this insulting message is posted on the internet, he was a passenger in a car crash, he was street racing with his friend Dan dies too, who was driving the car at the time, his death is then mocked on the internet and to his family and friends on a social networking site.
The people mocking his death, refer to and make quotes from the insulting internet message, the internet message then becomes an internet “meme”, did Paul/John post the insulting internet message, and did Karma punish him for it? Who wrote the insulting message on the internet? Who are the people who mocked his death and why? Was the street racing car crash an accident or not?
The facts of the film:
Either Joey or Paul/John wrote the insulting internet message, it is unknown and a mystery which of the two did.
The people who mocked his death were Joey, Han Cho, and Carl, Nikki also mocked his death but not on the internet, she left a voicemail on his ex-girlfriend’s phone.
The street racing car crash was a deliberately inflicted accident after Mike raced Paul/John and Dan, Mike deliberately drove recklessly but didn’t cause the accident directly on purpose, although he probably hoped he caused one, by provoking them to play cat and mouse with his car.
- Paulie Carbone aka John Barone: the main character, a very popular teenager who has many friends and girlfriends, he is a bit of a playboy, he has Italian and Greek Heritage, and he is very good looking, everyone at school knew him, he is loved by some but hated by others in his local area of New Jersey. He is hated because he is “perfect”, he goes to all the cool parties, he is part of the “in crowd”, he has got cool friends, all the girls love him, at school he got top results and was the best at sports, and all the girls at school wanted to be his girlfriend. He dies in a car crash with his friend Dan.
- Dean aka Dan: he is Paul/Johns’s best friend, they’re both teens of the same age, he is good looking and good at sports, he is half Greek, and driver of the car. which he crashes with Paul/John as the passenger, the crash kills them both.
- Paulie’s Mum aka Johns Mum: Paul/Johns mum, she is an American of Italian descent, he is her only child
- Annie aka Aly: Paul/John’s young girlfriend he sees on & off, which only a few people know about it.
- Maria aka Maryse: Paul/Johns’s official & current girlfriend who is the same age as him.
- Christina aka Kelly: Paul/Johns’s ex-girlfriend she is a teen and very good-looking, and is Ital American, he still sees her, but again only a few people know about it.
- Nikki: Paul/Johns’s fiery, hot bloodied ex-girlfriend with a short temper who secretly hates him, she is good-looking and is a year younger than him.
- Mario: a cocky teenager who lives nearby Paul/John, he is a typical “wise guy” Ital American.
- Joey: a jealous teenager who knows Paul/John and doesn’t like him, he wants to be the one who all the girls love.
- Han Cho: a teenage geek who goes on the internet message board.
- Carl: a young geek who goes on the internet message board, his brother committed suicide because of something that happened on the internet message board.
- Mikey Beckmann: he is a wannabe friend of Paul/John, he wants to be best friends with him and went to school with him, and is of the same age, he is of Jewish descent but wants to be a cool Italian playboy, who’s popular and part of the “in crowd” like Paul/John.
- “Kid“: he gets “jumped” on and punched by Dan & Paul/John, he lives down the same road as Paul/John.