Wikinut is a new kind of community that allows users to add and moderate content.
We’d love you to become as passionate as we are about Wikinut, so please have a read and get involved.
Types of user and acceptance
- We/Us/Our – refers to Sam Wormleighton & associates, operators of the Website.
- Authors – these are the lifeblood of Wikinut as they are the people that write new content and update their previous contributions. They build the site.
- Moderators – they are the conscience of Wikinut as they edit the content and ensure that it complies with our guidelines. They prune the site.
- Referrers – These are social animals that tell all their friends about Wikinut. They grow the site.
- Readers – are the point of Wikinut. They come to the Website, read the content, and hopefully see adverts that interest them. They pay for the site.
By accessing and/or using the Website, you represent and warrant that:
- You are eighteen (18) years of age or older.
- You are legally capable of entering into binding contracts.
- You are not breaking any applicable laws by using the Website.
If you wish to become an Author, Moderator, or Referrer, you will need to register a Wikinut account. You should keep any login details confidential, and you must not disclose them to any third party. You will be solely responsible for any activities undertaken on the Website under your username. By registering on the Website, you confirm that:
- You will enter any information honestly and accurately.
- You will endeavor to update your registered details to reflect any changes in your information.
Proprietary rights and grant of a license
We do not claim ownership of your Material. Any Material will be owned by you or the third party who authorized you to publish and use the Material.
You may only submit Material to the Website in which you own all intellectual property rights or have the third party’s authorization who does own those rights. Minors may not submit Material to the Website.
By posting, uploading, or submitting Material to the Website, you grant Us a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, permanent, irrevocable, perpetual right and license to:
- Use, reproduce, publicly display, publicly perform, distribute, modify, store, transmit, broadcast, adapt, and publish the material Material, in whole or in part solely to display, distribute, and promoting your material on or in connection with the Website.
- Modify, reformat, adapt, translate, and create derivative works from the Material, in whole or in part.
- Sublicense the foregoing rights, in whole or in part, to any third party, for commercial and business purposes (with or without a fee, at our discretion). We may exercise these rights in any manner and by any media and means of conveying information, whether now or hereafter known and for any purpose, including but not limited to, editorial, commercial or promotional purposes.
We have the right to modify or edit the Material. While your retain ownership of all right, title, and interest in the Material itself, you agree that We own all right, title, and interest in any compilation, collective work, or other derivative work created by Us using or incorporating the Material.
You further irrevocably and unconditionally waive any moral rights you have in any Material, and you waive all rights to inspect and approve the use of the Material.
We may archive and store your Material (including, for a commercially reasonable time, Material you have removed from the Website). We may disclose such content if required to do so by law or if We believe in good faith that such preservation or disclosure is reasonably necessary to:
- Comply with the legal process.
- Respond to claims that any Material violates the rights of third parties.
- Protect the rights, property, or personal safety of Us, our Readers, Authors, Moderators, Referrers, and the public.
The content we do not publish
Wikinut is a home for a wide variety of topics, styles, and content. However, We will not publish content that, in Our sole opinion, could be described as:
- Pornographic, vulgar, obscene, or otherwise objectionable.
- Defamatory, libelous, hateful, tortious, or invasive of privacy.
- Containing personally identifiable information about any child under the age of 13.
- Discriminatory or intolerant against any individual, group, or organization based on race, religion, gender, nationality, disability, sexuality, or age.
- Promoting or providing instructional information about illegal activities.
- Promoting any act of cruelty or violence.
- Deliberately deceitful, fraudulent, or false.
- Being designed to solicit personal, banking, or security information.
- For example, infringing intellectual property rights has copyright owned by any party other than you that has not given you permission to use and publish.
- Designed to generate any commercial activities, including but not limited to third party affiliate schemes or sales, without or prior written agreement from Us.
- Misleading any reader to believe we may have written it.
- Being an activity listed in the Activities, we do not tolerate section below, or which can, in our sole opinion, be perceived as promoting, condoning, or supporting any of the activities listed in that section.
The above list is provided for example purposes only and is not exhaustive.
Activities we do not tolerate
There are certain activities that We prohibit on the Website or deem to be illegal:
- Any attempts to manipulate any statistics
- Any attempt to obscure or replace any adverts on pages on the Website by manipulating content on your pages or any other author’s pages.
- Any overt promotion of any unauthorized business or commercial enterprise, to Readers or any other Authors or Moderators without prior written permission from Us.
- Automated scripting on any scale and of any type without prior written authorization from us.
- Deliberate impersonation of a Wikinut staff member, or any other Author, Moderator, Referrer, or Reader.
- Whether successful or not, attempts to access the account of any other Author, Moderator, Referrer.
- Selling or otherwise transferring your Author, Moderator, Referrer account to any third party.
- Any criminal or unlawful activity of any kind.
- Any use of the Website for fraudulent or illegal activities, or any purpose that breaches any applicable laws and regulations.
- Deliberate transmission of any viruses, worms, Trojan horses, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware, or any other harmful computer code designed to interfere or impact any computer software, firmware, or hardware.
- Attempts to access software, firmware, hardware, or any other equipment used to serve and store the Website.
By submitting Material and clicking on the Agree & Publish button, you agree that:
- We may transfer and disclose this information, including personally identifiable information, to third parties in any jurisdiction for any of the purposes set out in the “Proprietary rights and grant of license” section above and monitor the website.
We do not charge Authors, Moderators, or Referrers any fees for registering an account on the Website. Nor do We charge any fees for regular users of the Website.
Due to the open nature of the Website, We assume no responsibility for monitoring for inappropriate or unlawful Material, including but not limited to defamatory statements. Any Material does not reflect our opinions, views, or policies. You agree to waive your right to object to derogatory treatment of your Material. We expressly exclude our liability for any loss or damage arising from the interaction of other users in relation to the services provided on the Website.
Any material published on the Website is not intended to amount to advice on which reliance should be placed. Therefore, we disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such Material by any Reader, Author, Moderator, or Referrer of the Website.
While we will make all commercially reasonable efforts to ensure that any inappropriate material that is brought to our attention is removed from the Website, we expressly exclude liability for the Material or any damage you may suffer as a result of the Material published on the Website, which is provided without any guarantees, conditions or warranties as to its accuracy or lawfulness. To the extent permitted by law, We, any Group Company, and third parties connected to us hereby expressly exclude:
- All conditions, warranties, and other terms that might otherwise be implied by statute, common law, or equity law.
- Any liability for any direct, indirect, or consequential loss or damage incurred by any user in connection with the Website or connection with the use, inability to use, or consequence of the use of the Website, any websites linked to it, and any content posted on it, including, without limitation any liability for:
- – Loss of income or revenue, anticipated savings, profits, contracts, or business
- – Loss of goodwill
- – Wasted management or office time
- – Any other loss or damage of any kind, however arising and whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise, even if foreseeable
This does not affect our liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence, our liability for fraudulent misrepresentation or misrepresentation as to a fundamental matter, or any other liability that cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
Copyright infringement and defamation policy
If We receive notice of any Material that requires removal from the site, We will use all commercially reasonable efforts to determine and correct the problem promptly.
Termination and restriction
- Suspend, restrict, or permanently deny you access to the Website.
- Withdraw your registration as either an Author, Moderator, or Referrer.
- Remove your Author or Moderator profile.
- Remove any pages, comments, images, or other content that you have Authored or Moderated.
- Issue a written warning to you.
- Initiate legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach.
- Pursue further legal action against you.
- Fully disclose any information deemed relevant to the necessary authorities.
You agree that We shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any suspension, restriction, or denial of access or any consequences that may arise due to such suspension, restriction, or denial of access.
We will endeavor, within all reasonable limits, to make the Website available at all times. Notwithstanding this, We may need to temporarily withdraw access to the Website or parts of the Website without notice, for maintenance or updates of the Website, or any other reason. We reserve the right to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the services provided by Us or any portion thereof at any time, without liability to you or any third party.
We will not be liable to you for any delay or other failure to comply with our obligation (if any) where the delay or failure arises from any event or cause beyond our reasonable control.
Warranties and representations
- Does not infringe the intellectual property rights, privacy rights, or any other rights of any party.
- Does not breach any legal obligations, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence owed to a third party.
- Does not breach any other legislation or is otherwise unlawful.
Changes to these terms
- Material means any text, photographs, pictures, images, or any other content, including without limitation, graphics, video, data, text, files, hyperlinks, URLs, software, music, sound, or other content that is uploaded, posted, sent or submitted to the Website.
- Operator means Sam Wormleighton and/or Associates, a sole trader in the UK.